About

.

Thursday 24 July 2014

Widgets

The Easiest way to Remove BlockAndSurf Adware from Your Browser.



It took me time and a lot of hard work to discover the best and easiest way to remove BlockAndSurf adware from my browser.

How it all began was like a joke. I was searching through the internet for particular software for free. I found this website that promised to give out the software for free. The software they gave me to download was not actually the software, but was a package consisting of the claimed software, it displays adverts as soon as I launched the software and I was given options to allow those software to download, including add-on, which I allowed. However, my intended software was different entirely after the whole installation. I grew angry and uninstall the software. To my greatest surprise, I started noticing ads and pop-ups on my browser; even on sites I know of that do not have ads running on them. I personally hate unwanted ads and pop-up running on my web browsers.

What I saw below the ads banner was “ads by BlockAndSurf”. Such irritated me because, it slows down my browser, and it keeps on popping ads and some irrelevant ads along with adult contents.

The underlying parts of it are these; it keeps tracks of my sensitive information, my browsing is no longer secured, it displays underline words that will show pop-ups. It also displays pop-up of a fake update of my Firefox browser, java, and Adobe Flash player. “This can generally be a risk to other malwares”, I said to myself which actually was after scanning my whole computer with my Anti-Virus.

I tried to disable the add-on from my browser (I use Firefox); it actually disabled but was still displaying those annoying ads. I wondered what was going on.

I check to see if there is an option to remove it entirely from the browser, but the option wasn’t there.

I searched the internet for a solution, but to no avail. The suggestion I got was to disable it on my browser, uninstall it from Control panel and perform a system scan.

I couldn’t find the option of removing it from the browser, what I saw was to disable it. I went through my control panel to check for “BlockAndSurf”, but it was not there. I opened my anti-virus guard and performed a System scan, which took over 12 hours to complete. It detected a thread and removed it, but the silly BlockAndSurf ads where still there running and popping-up ads. I was so frustrated and confused. My browser became very slow.

I eventually installed a program called “Adguard” which blocks and stops ads from displaying on a browser. But it never helps matters. The ads where still there, the browser keeps refreshing to display new ads and still very slow.
 
What I did next was to go to my system and search for “BlockAndSurf” on my windows 8 (it should still work on windows 7), although, there was no result shown on “apps” and on “settings” on my windows 8, but there was a result on the “files”.

 


I clicked on the files and it opened I found a single file like the image below;



  
I right-clicked on it to open the file location, it directed me to it location. What I did was to delete the file from my computer. Then I used Auslogics BoostSpeed to clean up any traces (u can use any other programs aside Auslogics like CCleaner) and bingo! Those annoying ads where no longer showing on my browser anymore. Hurray I did it! So you can do yours when you follow these steps rightly.

 

Looking deep inside the adware “BlockAndSurf”


This adware is a potentially unwanted program, which displays ads on your browser, with advertisement banners and pop-ups. This can infect browsers such as; Firefox, internet Explorer and Google Chrome. This adware is usually bundled with certain free software, as my experience shows, which can be installed into your computer with or without your knowledge. When this adware is eventually installed into your computer it is not that easy to remove, despite with your anti-virus guard installed. The best and simplest way to overcome this is to follow my steps above.
Hope this works for you.

Share your experience below; together we can help others to guard against adware and other malicious software.

 

SHARE THIS POST   

0 Your comments please :